Under new Waste Electrical and Electronic Equipment (WEEE) Regulations, coming into force in January 2014, retailers (known as Distributors) selling PV panels for private households are obligated to have a procedure in place to take back PV waste or, alternatively, must contribute towards a Government-approved Distributor Take-back Scheme (DTS) to finance collections from local authority sites.
Our Value Proposition
- Providing a PV Distributor with an alternative to being required to set up an independent free take-back service
- Providing expert advice and guidance on Distributor-related topics under the UK WEEE Regulations
- Further guidance and communication tools (posters, leaflets, etc.) to help a PV Distributor fulfil its obligations to ensure that information is provided in appropriate locations on site and on its website
- Providing a PV Distributor, once registered with the PV CYCLE DTS, with a certificate as proof of compliance
- A collection and recycling infrastructure for any redundant PV waste
- A CSR-led solution for your waste policy
The UK Government has recognised that PV panels will not appear at local authority collection sites and the alternative PV CYCLE Distributor Take-back Scheme has been authorised by the Secretary of State specifically for the PV sector.
PV CYCLE Distributor Take-back Scheme
Place of Registration: England